Garlic and chilli mogo is such a satisfying dish. One I absolutely love ordering in Indian restaurants! Here is my recipe to re-create it at home:
- 2 cassavas (mogo)
- 1 mild green chilli, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 large tomatoes, pureed
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce (any)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- coriander to garnish
- Peel the skin off the cassava and boil for around 12 minutes in a pan of simmering water.
- Drain the hot water and wash with cold water and set aside.
- Chop into chunks.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry the cassava chunks till golden and crispy.
- Place the fried cassava on a kitchen towel to let the excess oil drain. Resist the temptation to eat any!
- In a separate frying pan/kadai, heat 2 tablespoons oil on medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for around 6 minutes till soft, stirring regularly.
- Now add the garlic, spring onions and chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato puree, chilli sauce, soy sauce and ketchup and mix well.
- Add the fried logo pieces and cook in the sauces for 5 minutes.
- Taste the sauce. If you find it too hot add more ketchup.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.