Perfect lighter dinner for summery days! I like the texture and flavour of red cabbage but you can alternate with white cabbage too!
- 200 grams shredded red cabbage
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Handful chopped coriander to garnish
- In a kadai/large saucepan, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and black peppercorns and after 2 minutes, add the onions and green chilli.
- Let this cook for around 6 minutes, and then add the garlic and ginger.
- After 2 minutes, add the red cabbage and mix well.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and spices and stir everything together really well.
- Let this cook for around 8 minutes, ensuring you stir regularly.
- Once ready, add the chopped coriander and eat with rotis or rice.