Its week 2 of our Ready Steady Lunch Challenge and this week’s challenge was to create a meal for under £10, whether that was for one day (a pretty amazing lunch) or £10 to last a week.
I went with one day and created a pasta salad which is pictured below.
- Penne pasta (2 handfuls boiled)
- Green pesto. I made this
- Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Tabasco (a few drops)
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- I boiled the pasta as per instructions on the packet.
- I made the pesto separately.
- I then added everything mentioned to the pasta once it was cooked.
The great thing is you can eat this hot or cold and so is very versatile.
Michelle from Petite Tea Lover went for the challenge of £10 to last the week and here is her meal. http://petitetealover.co.uk/2016/01/19/ready-steady-lunch-the-budget-challenge/
What did you make this week? Comment below.