This is a versatile dish which can be served either as a starter or as a main.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 teaspoon methi (fenugreek) seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin and coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon tandoori masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil (or coconut oil for a healthier version)
- 1 tablespoon Silly Sesame sprinkle from Cheeky Food Co.
- Par-boil the potatoes for 15 minutes in salted water and then drain and let them cool.
- Once cool, cut the potato into cubes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of your preferred oil in a Karai/pan on medium heat.
- Add the methi (fenugreek) seeds and after a few minutes add the onions, chillies, garlic and ginger.
- Let this cook for around 8 minutes and keep stirring the mixture.
- Now add the potatoes and spices.
- Mix everything properly and let this cook for around 10 minutes.
- Now take off heat and sprinkle the Silly Sesame all over for a nice crunch.
- Season with salt accordig to taste.
- Enjoy on its own as a side dish or with rotis as a main.
Silly sesame is available from Cheeky Food Co. http://www.cheekychutneys.com/